Monday, March 14, 2011

Slacking!

So I've been slacking on the posts. Our schedules are severely off and I hate updating so late. It gets me jumbled. But alas, here I am doing it anyway.

I've been cleaning with my vinegar solution for about 2 days now. It's been going great! Everything is clean, and I didn't have to use those nasty clorox wipes. The smells of that and windex always made me feel like I was being fumegated (sp?). Not good for me, or Ms. Scarlett, I'm sure!

I've got a couple new things coming my way! First, some Flip & Tumble 24/7 bags and produce bags that I got through a co-op on BabyCenter. I'm so excited about these! I'm really sick of watching the grocery bags pile up in my house. Besides, these are way cuter!

I also have a new (to me) wrap coming that I bought off the for sale or trade board on The Babywearer. It is so beautiful! Now I just need to put my green wool fish up on the swap to replace the money I used on the natibaby... Haha! I have someone wanting to trade me for my geckos sahara which I'm pretty sure I'm going to do... Major stash churning going on right now!

We've been eating a lot better now. I'm incoporating as many whole foods into our diet as I can without overwhelming myself. The transition from highly processed foods to whole foods is difficult, but it's harder for me to be trying new things. I'm a VERY picky eater but I'm trying new things to better our diet and save money. I've been cooking things like brown rice and chicken soup (delicious!), lentil soup, chicken noodle soup (I know, lots of soup!), stir fry, etc. Tomorrow I'm going to be making these pancakes. I'm also doing a mini pledge from 100 Days of Real Food, which you can find here. Seems easy enough! I'll be participating in as many of these pledges as I'm comfortable with to help with the transition to healthier eating.

I fell in love with these shoes today:
Romano, camel
They're on nomadicstateofmind.com which I heard about in Whole Living Magazine. I think they're so cute and would be great for going on walks.
Oh, and check out this giveaway on Beryl Lynn's blog!

2 comments:

  1. I also love those shoes! They've been around for YEARS (like since the 60's I believe) and have never changed. I've been wanting to get them for a long time but am curious as to whether the rope would rub and create blisters. If you end up getting them, let me know how they work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please e-mail me with your e-mail address/information so I can give you the gift card!

    ReplyDelete