Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Swiffer sucks, the library rocks, and other things.

Yesterday, for the first time in years, I used a real mop. Not the spaghetti looking kind, the sponge kind. I'd only been using Swiffer and Swiffer wetjet this whole time. I don't know what I was thinking. The mop works so much better! My floors looked so shiny and clean! So I'm officially ditching the swiffer. Which is fine considering tomorrow starts my all natural cleaning! I'll be using a half & half mixture of water and vinegar, with peppermint essential oil for a nice smell. I wanted to get a different scent but couldn't. Maybe another time!

I also went to the library yesterday. I got Whole Foods Market Cookbook (pretty useful), Organic Buying (kind of sucks), Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, and a couple others. I love Ina May. I read her book Spiritual Midwifery during my pregnancy with Jordan, and the stories were so inspiring! I ended up having an epidural for his birth, but it was a great read. I plan on a waterbirth this time so I'm sure I'll be clinging to this book!

The other day, I found a link to see what was in my local tapwater. There were A LOT of things. Some were above the legal limit, most were above the health limit (which sounds silly to me.) And I discovered there was chloroform in our water. It was very disturbing. So while at the store, I bought a gallon of reverse osmosis filtered water.
We went to the store yesterday as well. I bought LOTS of produce. Any snacks I got (not too many), I bought organic Meijer brand. Surprisingly, it was cheaper than non-organic name brands. It's been weird not eating what I'm used to eating. I'm guessing I'll have to retrain my body to only eat healthy food, instead of all the processed crap I've been eating most of my life. I already miss it, but not enough to go back. Not at all. We had a great dinner tonight, too! Chicken and cheese quesadillas, stir fry, and I had some Green Machine Naked (bottled smoothie). Odd combination, I know,  but it was delicious!



(P.S. I'm aware of how jumbled this post is. I'll try and change that in the future. Haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment